Sunday, June 6, 2010

Run of the Mill 5K

A few weeks ago, I decided I need to run in more races to train, so I planned to run the Run of the Mill 5K in Stockton today, and I did. Course was pretty flat and I had a good run. This was the first time that I can remember my heart rate being more stressed than my legs. I hope that is a good sign for my training. Finished 36th overall and 4th in the 35-39 bracket, posting a time of 22:46:61 (7:20 pace). Very happy with that time, considering the Pennington 5K a month ago was 24 flat. I was just hoping to break 24 minutes to show I improved. But, coming off of a 21 mile bike yesterday, killing my old time really made this a great race and a great day.

Now, I have it in my mind that I need to find another 1/2 marathon to test myself further. Legs and heart are definitely being challenged now at the 5K, but I have to get my distances up and it is much easier and more motivating to run in a race. Will keep you posted on where I find the next 1/2 to run...

No comments:

Post a Comment