Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bike Day

Monday, Nov 23rd: I have done very limited training since my debacle a little over a week ago. Could barely walk for 3 days! Guess I am getting old. The rest of the week was just excuses and not worth talking about, but I needed to get back in the swing.

Training options were limited today due to business travel, but I got a decent workout on the stationary bike at the hotel. I rode 11.2 miles over 34 minutes. Bike computer says my max HR was 135 and I burned 300 calories. I have to figure out whether or not I am going to have a problem with my bike seat because sitting on this one for 34 minutes was painful. It was clearly cutting off blood flow as my thighs were getting numb!

I ended the short bike by jumping off the bike at doing a quick sprint on the treadmill. Wasn't sure if that distance would be enough to give me a sense for shaky legs on the run that I will experience, but it didn't. Legs weren't wobbly. Did a quick .35 miles on the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment