Saturday, July 10, 2010

Belmar 5 Mile

Well, today I ran in the Belmar 5 Mile. Goal was to complete it in 40 mins, with a stretch goal of 35 mins (7 min/mile). Time came in at 38:13 (unofficial), which is in the middle of both. Not a bad showing, but not ideal. Officially, I placed 278th (27th in age bracket) out of 2180 runners.

Started out WAY too fast, which has been typical for me, but I paid for it! About 2.5 miles in I was starting to hurt and the last mile was difficult and purely mental to keep going. All in all, it was an OK showing. It just reminds me, once again, that I still have a ways to go before the 70.3 in Austin. I have to get my distances up!

I will be back out on the bike tomorrow morning!! And I have scheduled to participate in an Olympic Tri next weekend and then a sprint the following weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment