Saturday, July 3, 2010

Week's Review and First Tri Official Results

Well, I got the official results of my first tri (the Parvin State Park Sprint) and I was fairly accurate in the numbers that I posted. I placed "officially" #209 out of 311 that competed in the Sprint Tri. Here are the times:
Swim: 8:26 (135th place) or 1:59 pace
Transition: 2:22 (189th place)
Bike: 44:52 (270th place - consistent with me seeing 135 people pass me!) or 16 mph avg
Transition: 1:28 (190th place)
Run: 23:45 (120th place) or 7:40 pace
OFFICIAL TIME: 1:20:51 (209th place)
__________________________________________________

This week was a good week. We are officially 16 weeks from the Half Ironman in October as of the start of this week, so thus begins the structured training program. Based on a lot of reading about training for races, etc., I have structured a 16 week program that consists of 9 weeks of base training, 4 weeks of speed/race training, and a 3 week taper. For the next 8 weeks, my distances will be gradually increasing to build stamina/endurance, but done at a moderate/non-race pace. Speed training will be faster speeds and small distances, and the taper will take me slowly down on total training time up until race day.

I was in Boston Monday through Thursday again, so I brought my hybrid bike (don't own another kind yet) with me in the car. Monday was a lost day due to exhaustion and the travel day, but I made up for it the remainder of the week. Here's what I did this week:
Monday: OFF
Tuesday: Brick - 6 mile bike followed by a 2.15 mile run (25:30/17:09, 4:15/mile or 14.2mph and 7:57 pace)
Wednesday - 25.5 mile bike out of Boston and into the suburbs to visit my uncle (was there for 15 minutes before I had to turn around and get back before dark!) (2:12:11)
Thursday - 4 mile run (33:20, 8:20 pace)
Friday - OFF because I had to take care of the little guys
Saturday - 5.45 mile run

Tomorrow is supposed to be a long bike day - 30 miles...

No comments:

Post a Comment